How to use the Dotting tool
1. Dip only the tip of the tool into the paint. Only a minimal amount is required.
Tip: Scraping or shaking off excess paint will make your dots imperfect.
2. Hold the dotting tool so it is perpendicular to the surface.
Tip: Hold the tool close to the end (like a pencil) to increase precision.
3. Press the dotting tool all the way onto the surface and pull up. There is no need to hold the dotting tool on the surface for a long time.
Cleaning the tools
- After each use - Wipe with a paper napkin immediately after each use. The paint will leave a little stain on the tool, but it will not transfer onto your next colour. - Make sure you wipe the very end of the tool each time
- Hardened paint - For easy removal, soak in super hot water for 10-15 seconds and wipe immediately with a paper napkin. If it is heavy build up, please repeat.
- For heavy build up - Use sparely
- Clean with a non-scratch pad. (only if it says non scratch on the packaging). Do not scrub the end or rim of the tool to ensure the product maintains it's perfect circle.
- Or clean with a little cream cleaner (Vim, Jif, Cif) may also help, but again stay away from the rims and use only seldom. This will help remove the stains too.
- Avoid - Any solvents, as they may corrode the tips reducing the uniformity of the circle.