How to use the Dotting tool
1. Dip only the tip of the tool into the paint. Only a minimal amount is required.
Tip: Scraping or shaking off excess paint will make your dots imperfect.
2. Hold the dotting tool so it is perpendicular to the surface.
Tip: Hold the tool close to the end (like a pencil) to increase precision.
3. Press the dotting tool all the way onto the surface and pull up. There is no need to hold the dotting tool on the surface for a long time.
Cleaning the tools
- After each use - Wipe with a paper napkin immediately after each use. The paint will leave a little stain on the tool, but it will not transfer onto your next colour. - Make sure you wipe the very end of the tool each time
- Hardened paint - For easy removal, soak in super hot water for 10-15 seconds and wipe immediately with a paper napkin. If it is heavy build up, please repeat.
- For heavy build up - Use sparely
- Clean with a non-scratch pad. (only if it says non scratch on the packaging). Do not scrub the end or rim of the tool to ensure the product maintains its perfect circle.
- Or clean with a little cream cleaner (Vim, Jif, Cif) may also help, but again stay away from the rims and use only seldom. This will help remove the stains too.
- Avoid - Any solvents, as they may corrode the tips reducing the uniformity of the circle. No rubbing alcohol, no baby wipes, no brush cleaning solution, and alcohol based paints. Avoid soap or any dishwashing liquid as this will make the tools crack